Junior Consultant with focus on market and economic modelling for the space team – Valdani & Vicari Associati – Brussels, Belgium
Our digital and space team is widely recognised in the market and offers a range of services including market and economic modelling, forecasting, market analysis, user requirement assessment, cost-benefit and other economic analyses as well as policymaking support (inc. Impact Assessment and Evaluation) to clients such as EUSPA, DG DEFIS, the European Space Agency and other EU institutions active in downstream and upstream space.
Our success relies on the excellence of our team, which we are now looking to strengthen with a junior consultant with strong analytical skills and an interest in market and economic modelling. With the rise of New Space, the European Space sector is developing faster than ever and you will be exposed to a fast paced environment with a lot of opportunities.
- Learn, implement and eventually co-develop methodologies, with a focus on quantitative and economic tools including market analysis and economic modelling, cost-benefit analysis, assessment of socio-economic impacts, and business planning;
- Build and upgrade your knowledge of downstream space sectors, market segments and services, as well as your capabilities to size them and forecast their evolution;
- Collect autonomously data to support projects and proposals, through desk research, interviews, surveys and case studies, under the coordination of your project and task manager
- Contribute to drafting key deliverables to inform EU institutions and agencies and feed their strategic decisions;
- Communicate and work with team members in an effective and efficient way to deliver project related tasks;
- Present and defend the results of your analysis to the client, ensure quality of delivery and supporting the achievement of client satisfaction;
- Given sufficient experience, manage and delegate tasks to more junior team members and effectively delegate tasks to junior colleagues;
Who we are looking for:
All of the above implies that the candidate has a:
- MSc in Science, Engineering, Business, Economics or related fields;
- Strong interest in innovation, science and new technologies;
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written), French a plus;
- Demonstrable quantitative analysis and modelling skills, enabling the candidate to perform market and cost-benefit assessments, with minimum 1 year of relevant experience (a must)
- Demonstrable experience managing research tasks / work packages within projects;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Proficiency in the use of statistical analysis tools (e.g. Stata, SPSS) and experience with econometric modelling are a plus;
- Strong self-motivation & flexibility required in a small & fast-growing consultancy business;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
The following characteristics will be considered a plus
- Understanding of the EU space ecosystem.
Examples of our team’s projects:
- Market and Technology Monitoring process update, expansion and validation, including leading contribution to the realization of the EO & GNSS Market Report for EUSPA;
- Cost-benefit analysis for E-GNSS-based Virtual Balise within ERTMS and progress monitoring of E-GNSS adoption in public transport for EUSPA;
- Cost-benefit analysis on EGNOS Maritime Safety Service for EUSPA;
- Socio-economic benefits of wide area licencing, local area licencing or licence exempt access in the 6425-7125 MHz in Europe for a private client;
- Provision of specialised support to EUSPA’s market development in Strategic, economic and market uptake aspects of the European space programmes: smart mobility and commodities trading market uptake for EUSPA;
- Cost Benefit Analysis of Copernicus and high-resolution, fast revisit time data for a private client;
- TachogrApp – Feasibility study and cost-benefit analysis of developing a certified application to be used as a Tachograph for DG MOVE;
- Impact assessment study and cost benefit analysis on the Use of Galileo for Critical Infrastructures that depend on Satellite Navigation for Timing and Synchronisation for DG DEFIS.
What we offer:
- Diverse and high-profile projects on top priorities of the European Union’s Agenda, make a positive and concrete impact on society and the environment;
- A very dynamic and international team of young professionals;
- Excellent opportunities for professional development with growing levels of autonomy throughout the carrier path and room for growth;
- Competitive salary, annual company performance-related bonus scheme, private healthcare, meal vouchers;
- Benefit from tailored training, mentorship, and support to achieve your goals and excel in your role.
The position will be based our office in Brussels. Only pre-selected participants will be contacted and invited for interviews which, depending on the location, will be held in person or via teleconference.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a 1-page cover letter to Emanuela Cervo, firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are suited for the job.