Junior Consultant with Focus on Earth Observation for the Space Team VVA – Valdani Vicari & Associati Brussels, Belgium
Our digital and space team is widely recognised in the market and offers a range of services including market analysis, user requirement assessment, cost-benefit and other economic analyses as well as policymaking support to clients such as EUSPA, DG DEFIS, the European Space Agency and other EU institutions active in downstream and upstream space
Our success relies on the excellence of our team, which we are now looking to strengthen with a junior consultant focusing on quantitative and qualitative assessments, with a focus on the role of Copernicus data and services, as well as the information services enabled by geospatial information more in general.
In VVA, you will:
- Build and upgrade your knowledge of downstream space sectors and services, in particular connected to Earth Observation, and progressively develop your reputation as an expert;
- Collect autonomously data to support projects and proposals, through desk research, interviews, surveys and case studies, under the coordination of your project and task manager;
- Contribute to drafting key deliverable to inform EU institutions and agencies and feed their strategic decisions;
- Communicate and work with team members in an effective and efficient way to deliver project related tasks;
- Learn, implement and eventually co-develop methodologies including market analysis, cost-benefit analysis, user needs and requirement assessment, business planning and impact assessments;
- Present and defend the results of your analysis to the client, ensure quality of delivery and supporting the achievement of client satisfaction;
- Given sufficient experience, manage and delegate tasks to more junior team members and effectively delegate tasks to junior colleagues.
What we are looking for
All of the above implies that the candidate has a strong background and experience in (must requirements):
- demonstrable quantitative analysis skills, enabling the candidate to perform market and cost-benefit assessments, with minimum 1 year of relevant experience (a must);
- demonstrable experience managing research tasks/work packages within projects;
- strong self-motivation & flexibility required in a small & fast-growing consultancy business;
- MSc in business, economics or engineering, ideally with a focus on innovation and new technologies;
- Fluent (written & spoken) English (French a plus);
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Relevant track record and interest in Earth Observation services and geospatial analysis, as well as familiarity with Earth Observation systems and remote sensing techniques, are a plus.
Example of projects
- Market and Technology Monitoring process update, expansion and validation, including leading contribution to the realization of the EO & GNSS Market Report for EUSPA;
- Support to the implementation of European Court of Auditors Recommendations related to a comprehensive EU space strategy for EUSPA;
- Provision of specialised support to EUSPA’s market development in Strategic, economic and market uptake aspects of the European space programmes: smart mobility and commodities trading market uptake for EUSPA;
- Cost Benefit Analysis of Copernicus and high-resolution, fast revisit time data for private client;
- EU Space Data ecosystem analysis for EUSPA;
- Boosting the use of Copernicus: Evaluation, Gap analysis and Recommendations for DG DEFIS;
- Ex-post evaluation of the European Earth Monitoring Programme (GMES) and its initial operations (2011-2013), GMES Preparatory Actions and Fp7-funded GMES Space Component for DG DEFIS.
What we offer
- Diverse and high-profile projects on subjects from the top priority of the European Union’s space programme;
- A very dynamic international work environment;
- Excellent opportunities for professional development with growing levels of autonomy throughout the carrier path and room for growth;
- Competitive salary, annual company performance-related bonus scheme, private healthcare, meal vouchers;
- Prospects for training, mentorship, and career progression.
The position will be based our office in Brussels. Only pre-selected participants will be contacted and invited for interviews, which depending on the location, will be held in person or via teleconference.
If you are interested in this position, please provide your CV and a 1-page cover letter outlining why you are suited for the job.
Deadline for applications: 22 March 2023