Consultant/Senior Consultant Social and Cohesion Policy (Quantitative Profile) VVA – Valdani Vicari & Associati Brussels, Belgium
You will be joining our Social and Cohesion Team which has a high-profile and expanding project portfolio for the European Institutions, bodies and agencies across a range of policy topics such as employment, labour mobility, social inclusion, equality, vocational education, migration and regional development. We currently run projects and framework contracts for DG EMPL, DG REGIO, DG REFORM, DG JUST, ELA, EIGE, ESPON, the EP LIBE, FEMM, CULT committees and others. Our success is due to our excellent team of consultants and researchers, and we are now looking to strengthen our team with a Senior Consultant who will be focussing on policy analysis and programme implementation.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Consultant/Senior Consultant focused on EU public policy and International comparative studies, with previous experience in evaluations and programme implementation, to fulfil a position within our policy and programme implementation team. The Consultant/Senior Consultant will contribute to delivering top-quality projects and tenders to EU institutions and national governments in our core areas of business, notably:
- Managing projects, develop methodologies and deliver evidence-based outputs on time and to the satisfaction of our public policy clients;
- Data searching and collection in project workstreams (desk research and statistical data analysis, surveys, interviews, case studies, focus groups, etc.);
- Drafting of sections of deliverables and proposals;
- Leading work streams, in particular: desk research, needs assessment, surveys, interviews, case studies, focus groups, workshops, analysing trends, applying statistical methodology to complex data designing and implementing data gathering/management computer systems and software, using statistics to make forecasts and to provide projected figures, presenting information in a variety of formats including maps, conveying complex information to people who may not be specialists;
- Contributing to the development of our business activity by identifying opportunities and developing winning proposals;
- Leading proposals and research consortia, developing budgets and ensuring project profitability;
- Encouraging collaboration and mutual learning across team members;
- Interacting with and coordinating clients, partners and stakeholders.
All of the above implies that the candidate has at least the following desirable experience and skills:
- Experience in participating and managing large and complex research projects from inception to completion;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams involving partners, experts, and internal teams;
- Experience in writing and winning competitive bids for public sector clients;
- Ability to write and communicate with clients, partners, experts, and colleagues in excellent English;
- Sectoral expertise in social policy topics, such as employment, equality and regional development;
- Good knowledge of the EU Better Regulation Guidelines methodologies for evaluations and impact assessments;
- Problem solving attitude;
- 5 years of professional experience preferable in a consultancy environment or public administration;
- A relevant master’s degree: Economics/Statistics or Geography or MSc in EU comparative studies;
- Fluent (written & spoken) English (additional EU language preferred but not essential – currently we appreciate fluency in Italian/Spanish/Romanian – Danish/Swedish – Slovenian/Croatian – Greek/Bulgarian – Polish);
- Excellent analytical skills to perform data collection and interpretation of data, especially statistics;
- Familiarity with stakeholder’s consultation, engagement;
- Robust reporting abilities;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Brilliant communication and conflict resolution aptitudes;
- Demonstrated interest in public policy (studies, traineeship etc. – especially in the field of social policy and cohesion policy).
What we offer:
VVA offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We are a highly international, socially responsible, and employee-owned organisation. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field.
VVA wants to make a difference and pursue change and progress. VVA has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
VVA offers excellent opportunities for professional development with high levels of autonomy and room for growth:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- A very dynamic and exciting work environment;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Training opportunities.
The position can be based in one of our offices in Brussels or be completely remote with occasional trips to Brussels. If you are interested in this position, please provide your CV and a 1-page cover letter outlining why you are suited for the job.
Deadline for applications: 24 March 2023
Interviews with pre-selected participants will be held online/in person the last week of March 2023. The start date is April 2023 negotiable for the right candidates.