Consultant: Mutual Learning, Training and Events Expert in Social Policy, Active Labour Market Policies and/or Gender
VVA is a public policy consultancy providing robust and evidence-based policy, regulatory and economic advice, and technical assistance to European institutions, national governments, and private sector clients.
We are a truly European company, based in Brussels and Milan, with a team of 60+ professionals from different national, academic, and professional backgrounds: including lawyers, evaluators, and consultants.
We make the “European Project” progress by helping our clients to:
- Gather evidence to identify main needs, challenges, drivers, and impacts;
- Design public policy responses;
- Provide technical solutions and implement them;
- Coordinate interaction with key stakeholders.
Our daily work is guided by core values and believes such as trust, entrepreneurship, cooperation, and quality, and what motivates us is our vision & mission:
- Enabling access to top tier knowledge & networks across Europe;
- Bringing together a diverse team of dynamic and engaged people, with experience beyond academic achievements;
- Specialising in selected areas: economics, policy, law, technical assistance & programme delivery;
- Working together in a flexible & hands-on manner with our clients to create & sustain momentum.
We have a high-profile, expanding project portfolio including evaluations and impact assessments, economic and market studies, expert assistance to support reforms, and implementing programmes.
We have framework contracts with many DGs of the European Commission (DG EMPL, DGREGIO, DG REFORM, DG RTD) and work regularly with the European Parliament as well as CHAFEA, ECHA, EISMEA, ELA, EMSA, ESPON, EUROFOUND, JRC, and GSA.
Your workplace environment:
You will join the Policy and Programme implementation team that is working on European projects in the areas of social policy, labour mobility and education. Our activities consist mostly of developing and delivering innovative training and events in particular in hybrid and digital formats. VVA designs and delivers a wide range of mutual learning activities trainings & events from A to Z (before, during, and after the event), including detailed planning, logistics (venue, travels, sourcing of virtual platforms, hiring external service providers), relations with internal/external stakeholders (speakers, organisers, communications colleagues, agencies, etc.), on-site presence (studio or control room). Our clients are mainly EU institutions.
What will you be doing?
You take a leading role in developing, delivering innovative, and engaging in virtual, on-site, and hybrid events: training, conferences, workshops, peer review, and peer learning activities, PA staff exchange for the European Union (European Commission; EU institutions and agencies) and its Member States. Together with the team you will submit proposals and lead implementation activities. You will be expected to manage and contribute to projects in the fields of social inclusion, gender and equal opportunity education and regional development. This involves developing event concepts and strategies on a wide portfolio of events, with a strong focus on utilising the maximum potential of the latest digital technologies and platforms. Most of the projects will be conducted on behalf of the European Commission or related institutions. Our events are usually attended by high-level officials (i.e., Commissioners, ministers, ambassadors, etc.), journalists, representatives from public and private sectors, and the wider public. They often involve multiple partners. You will maintain a network of experts and partners and collaborate with colleagues at VVA. Depending on your experience and skills we would discuss and agree with you the exact portfolio of your tasks and a career path for your future development in the company.
- Diploma or certificate in management and/or university degree in communications, digital marketing, public relations, or other relevant fields;
- Experience in implementing EU programmes, platforms and projects;
- A track record of at least 3 to 5 years of work experience in a relevant field (organising physical and digital training and events from needs identification to strategy and planning to execution and evaluation);
- An excellent level of written and spoken English through an extended period of study or work experience in an English-speaking environment; knowledge of any other EU languages is considered an asset: currently we appreciate fluency in Italian/Spanish/Romanian – Danish/Swedish – Slovenian/Croatian – Greek/Bulgarian – Polish;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Experience in developing and successfully managing team and budgets;
- Experience of working with EU institutions as clients;
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills with a high degree of accuracy and eye for the detail;
- Proficient in digital event tools and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative, to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability and flexibility to travel internationally;
- Ability to conduct research for topic of mutual learning and training;
- Ability to work in international, multi-cultural settings, and foster relations with colleagues, partners, clients, and stakeholders;
- Certificate in PM as Agile or PRINCE2 is a plus.
What we offer:
VVA offers its employees a professional, stimulating, and learning environment and scope to develop. We are a highly international, socially responsible, and employee-owned organization. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for VVA want to make a difference and pursue change and progress VVA has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
VVA offers excellent opportunities for professional development with high levels of autonomy and room for growth:
- a competitive remuneration package; and
- a very dynamic and exciting work environment;
- flexible work arrangements;
- training opportunity.
The position can be based in one of our offices in Brussels or be completely remote with occasional trips to Brussels. If you are interested in this position, please provide your CV and a 1-page cover letter outlining why you are suited for the job.
Deadline for applications: 24 March 2023
Interviews with pre-selected participants will be held online/in person the last week of March 2023. The start date is April 2023 negotiable for the right candidates.